Tuesday, June 16, 2009

WTF?

So I have been faithfully wearing my activity monitor for the 2-1/2 weeks.

I actually make th eeffort to reach 100% of my goal each day...

And I do pretty good.

In fact, I usually go over by about 75% (3 round trips to the fridge about covers that).

But today, I was at my desk or in meetings allllll morning...did not get a bit of exercize except to mozy from meeting to meeting and out to my car for a curb-side lunch pick-up.

I usually try to synchronize the monitor with my online data a couple times a day to make sure I keep on track. So, when I got back to my desk after lunch, I plugged the monitor into the USB adapter on my computer. I was expecting to be at about 25% of my goal for the day, if that.

But what should my wondering eyes see...a whopping 500%...with the most activity during my morning meetings....WTF????

I checked and double-checked and changed the battery, and even read the manual, but nothing changed...I was actively burning calories sitting in meetings. Gotta love that:)

I was having an awesome day(per my Peyton PHlaCe activity monitor, anyway) and feeling pretty good about it too.

Off to an afternoon of more meetings....

I am sitting there minding my own business basking in the glory of knowing that I am burning calories just being me....

Voice1: Are you alright?
Me: Yeah, I'm fine, why?
Voice1: You're twirling that activity monitor around like its alive...
Voice2: Isn't that cheating?

Ahhhh...that would explain a few things...

And how can I make this work for me????

4 comments:

Chris said...

That's hilarious. Who knew that the motion of swinging something round and round could burn so many calories?

Keep up the good work!

Winky Twinky said...

LOL...sounds like you did make it work for you...I'll keep that in mind for when big brother hones in on my direction...

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Love it! I'm definitely getting one of those!

It's ALIVE!!!!

And it's NOT CHEATING! Your finger goes through a lot of work everyday... typing, punching in phone numbers, flipping off all the idiots you work with...

Why SHOULDN'T your finger get credit for all that? If they don't like it, they know where they can stick their collective fingers!

Sincerely,
Cat Lady

Phillipia said...

Thanks, Chris. I actually logged more calories twirling that thing than I did walking up a flight of stairs...

WT, Big Brother is looking your way now that he has me straightened out.

And CL, you have given me an idea...I think I will try wearing it as a ring tomorrow - on my middle finger:)