Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Holiday!

I love long weekends.


And today is Great Friday....


That's right, not just good, but great....


It is payday and a holy holiday....


And the start of a long weekend....




And it is suuny out...


Maybe I will try to take Buddy for a walk...


Try is the key word here, because if Buddy decides not to walk...


Buddy, the big baby Pit Bull I am sitting is a great dog.


Most of the time.


He is good to walk with...


Most of the time...


He does not pull me - he actually heels when I tell him to...


He does not bark at strangers - when we are walking. When we are sitting in the living room and someone comes within 200 hards of the locked front door, he goes ballistic. But I digress...


Back to the walking...


Or not walking....


Every so often on our walks, Buddy decides he just wants to stop...


So he does...


No amount of cajoling or threatening or commanding gets him to move...


Untill he is ready to move...


And then only in the direction that he is ready to move in...


Which is usually not forward...


It is not like he stops at the same place all the time either; otherwise, I could avoid that part of the walk...


Someday I know I am going to be a mile or two from home and Buddy is going to decide he is done walking...


In any direction...


And there he will sit...


Because I am not carrying his ass anywhere....


And no after-walk treats for you, Buddy, if you cannot make it the whole way without stopping for a bit...


CareBear says you are fat anyway...


Fat and happy:)

5 comments:

Winky Twinky said...

Are you pet sitting again??!!?? You have such a soft heart. I hope Buddy doesn't just STOP before you get back home...doesn't sound like fun at all. Glad this was a long weekend for you!! HAPPY EASTER!!!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I have kids who just like Buddy. Secretly, I admire Buddy's sense of purpose, just as I do in my kids. Publicly, I want to kill them, just as I would Buddy.

Happy Easter, Phillipia, and Great to know you're still with us!

Phillipia said...

Hey WT, Buddy is fun most of the time. We eventually get back home - as long as I go HIS way.

Mike, you caught my drift, I love him, but....and thanks and Happy Easter to you as well.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

I took the Wonder Dog for a walk yesterday... he went about four houses down the street and then sat down, refusing to go forward. Nothing left to do but take him back home so we could sit on our asses all day. Actually, I used the day off to go visit Vlad at school... a good use of a day off.

Phillipia said...

I agree, Cat Lady, visiting our kids is the best way to spend a day off!