Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's all fun and games til...



I spent an enjoyable Friday evening with LDBoy and MGirl and CareBear ...


Well, mostly enjoyable anyway...


The food was awesome...


A home cooked meal I did not have to help cook or cleanup after....


And cake for dessert....


And then it was tv time....


And that is when the fun started to get a lil shaky...


At first things were ok...


We watched a couple of DVRd sitcoms that I had not seen...


Then we spent a few minutes trying to agree on what movies to watch...


When snakes on a plane was mentioned my first reaction was "no way in hell" followed by "maybe I should just leave now"...


But everyone else started making jokes about it and mimicking lines from it...


Until somehow I got the impression that it was a national lampoon type movie...


This could be fun....


WRONG....


I HATE scary movies...


And there is absolutely NOTHING funny about snakes on a plane...


No matter how fake they look or how unbelievable the whole thing is....


What was I thinking????


After that fiasco was over, they wanted to watch Best of Show....


Which none of them had seen, but they heard was hilarious...


At this point I did not trust their judgement anymore...


What do the dogs do????


Do they start attacking the trainers???


Do they turn into werewolves???


The whole movie I kept waiting for something bad (as in alien bad)  to happen...


Thankfully, I was disappointed...


But, needless to say, I will not be jumping on a plane anytime soon...

3 comments:

Ed said...

I was just on a plane this past week.

Didn't see any snakes.

Did watch True Grit while on board.

It had snakes in it.

Phillipia said...

So there were snakes on the plane...

I saw True Grit on Christmas...the family movie of the year. It was enjoyable..despite the snakes.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ha, I saw Snakes on a Plane in the theater. It cracked me up.