Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sometimes it pays to have a little extra padding....

A friend and I made a trip to visit Houdini and a few other friends Saturday....


At Presque Isle Downs near Erie....


We got there about 11:00 AM and were walking from my car to the door....


Chatting away....


About what time and where we should meet for lunch....


When all of a sudden, my coffee and I were flying through the air....


Ok, maybe just my coffee was flying.....


But I felt like I was flying....


Actually I was hitting the ground....


Apparently another Houdini visitor saw someone leaving an awesome close-up spot....


So he backed up a little to make room for the leaver (new word) to back out... 


He backed up right into me....


I took a pretty good tumble....


I am hurting today in places I did not know could hurt....


But I lived to tell about it....


Obviously....


It could have been worse....


Much worse....


I could have been so small that he did not feel the hit and I could have been under his truck/van/suv....


Yeah, I am not sure what kind of vehicle it was he was driving, other than that it was something that he obviously could not see out of the back of too well...


Or I could have still been in my car....


In my brand new car....


And it would have been smashed instead of me....


Things could have been worse....

No comments: