Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Random meanderings for the day...


  • There was an incident at my son's school today that included gunfire. Naturally, this scared the hell out of all of us who have kids or friends at the school. Thankfully the incident ended before anyone was physically hurt...

    Thanks to all who emailed or called asking about my son and his friends...

    Thanks to the students, teachers, admin, and local law enforcement who got the situation under control...

    My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved as they deal with the impact of this situation on their lives...please be smart, be strong, be understanding, try to be non-judgmental...

  • On a different more positive note...my son ran for his first TD since returning from ACL rehab last Friday night. And, being in the right place at the right time, he got some television coverage. And, being the proud Mom that I am, I sent a link to the video clip to family and friends. I received quite a few replies:

    ...my favorite from my best friend: God is so good. How amazing is that kid he has blessed us with?

    ...and from a co-worker Mom who totally understands: I'm smiling for him...he looks very good...go 25 blue.

    ...and from a co-worker Dad with 2 girls: Confucius says, 'Mom of high school football star will soon be bouncing baby on knee.'

    ...and from a former co-worker/HS football star: He looks like a pro and to think he is only a Junior...Nice.
  • And finally, words I try to live by...

    ...Everything you do most likely affects someone, somehow. So before you act or speak, think how you would feel if someone else did this to you.

    ...Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.

    ...If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it.

    ...Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth i
    t.


No comments: