Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why Phillipia....

Why Phillipia, you ask?

For those of you who didn't ask, I am going to tell you anyway because your not asking has never stopped me before (just ask my kids)!

Phillipia was a nickname someone gave me who did not want to use my real name. I liked it, so I adopted it.

Why do I like it, you ask? (You did, I heard you.)

I like it for a totally different reason than it was bestowed upon me. It happened to remind me of my catholic school upbringing...because I am Mary and Phillipia is most certainly a nun name...Sr. Mary Phillipia:)

While I am pretty sure I did not know an actual Sr. Mary Phillipia, I knew a lot of nuns...a couple I actually like and respected. The rest, well, there are priests and there are nuns in my past and present...and someday I will blog about them as Phillipia writes....

Disclaimer...My blog is not always what you may want to read...but it is me...I say what is on my mind at the time....sometimes the words are those nasty four letter ones, I try to keep them in my mind, but they just will not stay put...

And finally before I lay my head down to sleep and dream of tomorrow...

Today I learned:
Freud said that the first time a human uttered a swear word instead of beating someone with a club was a big, positive step toward civilization...

This from a good friend/co-worker who admits that at times the club is better...

Oh yeah...

Thanks for the support, SWD!

Good Night!

No comments: