Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish Diplomacy....

I am part Irish, thanks to my Mom, so I can celebrate today without feeling guilty...not that I would anyway; guilt is one thing I have had so much of throughout my Catholic upbringing, that I do not even feel it any more, but I digress....

And the Irish do know how to celebrate...from their morning coffee to their night cap...

And being Irish, I love to celebrate, not just on this special day, but anyday...for any reason.

One thing I did not get from my Irish roots is my sense of diplomacy The Irish seem to have that God-given ability to tell a man to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip. For that, I seem to lean toward the Italian in me. Yeah, if I want ya to go there, I pretty much do my best to help ya get there......

But on this day, let me leave you, my friends, with this Irish blessing...

Don’t walk in front of me,I may not follow.

Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead.

Walk beside me, and just be my friend.


No comments: