Thursday, July 2, 2009

I am a goddess...

Really....

Actually, I may finally be getting to do something I like to do at work...something I am actually half-way decent at and that I can do knowing that someone else is not doing it at the same time and thus making my efforts a waste of time...

Since right after I started at Peyton PHlaCe, seven years now, I have been coordinating the translation of user documents and, more recently, the total product localization, including User Interface. This whole product localization concept is relatively new in the Peyton PHlaCe world.
And it costs a lot of money. And management does not want to spend lots of money for anything. Management wants more, faster, cheaper, and of the utmost quality - like the rest of the product....yeah....uh-huh...that's right.

Well, I do not do such a good job at that...apparently. And to tell you the truth, I am pretty tired of trying. I have found myself having a harder and harder time going into the office each day. You probably could never tell that by reading this blog, but it is true.

Anyway, that may change. I think I have actually, finally convinced my bosses (yeah, I have two) that I could do something else much better. Something else that no one else in the group likes to do, but that I actually enjoy. I am weird like that.

It seems there was a meeting today with everyone in our group except me (because I was not invited - not because I just decided not to show). After the meeting, throughout the day, several co-workers approached me and asked for help releasing their documents since I was now the department ECO goddess per our boss.

Hmmm, that's news to me, but I like it.

I will be printing business cards this weekend. As soon as I finish designing my goddess logo.

4 comments:

Marvel Goose said...

that's the first step. Now get yourself put in charge of cubicle assignments and you will RULE the office. Co-workers will bend to kiss the hem of your skirt as you walk by...

surveygirl46 said...

I can't believe someone else LOVES this neil diamond song....I have it on my stumble page. it made it hard to concentrate on your post but i just reread it again after neil. Great post!!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Wow! You MUST be a goddess if you can even write all that computer job description stuff, let alone understand what the hell it is you do! And you're not just a goddess, you're an ECO goddess. I am in awe! I bow to your goddessness.

Sincerely,
CatLadyLarew

P.S. If you send me your business cards, I'll be happy to enter you in all of those contests where you put a business card in a glass fish bowl and win valuable prizes.

Phillipia said...

MG, that's a great idea - but then I'd have to splurge on a few more skirts:)

sg46, Neil Diamond was my favorite growing up...I played the Hot August Night album over and over and...then I discover MeatLoaf and he had to share my heart - I mean my record player (yeah - I am old).

CLL, I really have no clue what I do, but I am trying to give it a title and anything that makes me sound like a goddess sounds pretty good to me. I will be sure to pass along my business card - I could use some valuable prizes:)