Friday, January 22, 2010

Some promises do not have to be kept...

Seriously...

My ex's Mom passed away Thursday.

The Friday before Thanksgiving she went in for open heart surgery...

The docs sent her home without the operation because they decided she was too fragile to survive it...

A major concern of hers, knowing that she just had a couple of months to spend with her family, has been that her dogs be buried with her.

She has two dogs.

Sophie is older and blind and it would be difficult to find someone to take her in.

However, Danny Boy is young and frisky and CareBear wants him...and so does her Dad, for that matter.

But, Grandma insisted that her son and daughter promise to bury DannyBoy with her because no one can give him the love she gives him...

So they promised...

So their Mom would Rest in Peace.

And now they plan on keeping that promise....

WTF????

Too bad she loved the dogs more than her son, eh?
"I love you so much, son, I want you to go to heaven with me when I do. Can you promise me that?"
Can you go to prison for dogknapping?

If so, CareBear and I had nothing to do with it....

If we can pull it off...

And CareBear just happens to adopt a dog with DannyBoy's personality...

6 comments:

Winky Twinky said...

I'm sorry for your multiple losses. This year is starting out rough for your family. I sincerely hope it gets better really soon. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

LOL OH MAN. That's loony. ;)

Unknown said...

I don't think you can go to prison for dognapping....but if it turns out that it's a crime punishable with prison time, I'll send you a care package every Christmas!

Do it for DannyBoy :)

Great blog! arrived via TooManyMornings!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

ACK! She wanted her healthy dog to be buried with her? Run, DannyBoy, Run! Hope it works out and you get to keep DannyBoy alive and healthy.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. They're going to put Danny Boy down just so they can bury him with Grandma?

If so, that's INSANE!

That's why when I die, I want them par-tay! I want them to drink tons of DDP in my honor.

That's ALL I'm gonna ask.

Phillipia said...

Thanks, Dawn. It can only get better, right. Please say its so.

Scott, Looney it was...it is done:(

Roschelle, thanks for visiting and for the support:)

CLL - DB never had a chance. The deed is done.

Quirks, my sentiments exactly, Cremate me and take a vaca - remember the good times.