Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last week was a trip...

Wow...these posts are getting farther and farther apart...


What can I say??? 


I have been busy...really!


Last Tuesday evening, I bid goodbye to LDBoy as he headed for Belize...


To live...what a life...


I am not ashamed to say that I am jealous...


And I am waiting for that promised ticket, LDBoy...


You did promise, right?


I promise to not get in your way...


You will not even know I am there...


I had to say goodbye to Buddy (the Pitbull mascot of the Belize team) for a few days, too.


Thursday afternoon, I said goodbye to the sunshine of Cleveland and headed to cold, rainy Boston with G-Man and some of his Track teammates.


Now that was a trip....


10 High School Boys, 1 Coach, 2 Moms, and a Dad....


All in all in was a good trip, with just a few incidents....

  • Before we left the airport, one runner realized that he did not have his uniform/warmups. No problem, we will share...somehow...
  • While waiting for shuttles to the hotel, G-Man decides to take advantage of the available airport lobby seating...for the injured...
    Me (double-taking at the boy in the wheelchair): G-Man???
    G-Man: Yeah...
    Me: Ummmm. Get out of the wheelchair.
    G-Man: I can't...
    Me: What????
    G-Man: I was goofing around and fell and hurt my knee...
    Me: What???
    G-Man: Sorry...
    Me (looking at Coach): He was goofing around????.
    Coach: Yeah, goofing around...
    Me: OMG, G-Man, #$%* the %^$# you &*%$.
    G-Man: Mom, I'm kidding...
    Coach: OMG, Phillipia, I'm sorry - I meant he IS goofing around - now - with you..
    G-Man (laughing): Thanks, coach!
    Coach (smirking): Get out of the chair, G-Man...Quit giving your Mom a heart attack....
  • The parents were staying at a different hotel than the team...which means we did not all get settled into our rooms until after midnight. Sorry, coach:)
That was day one.....

2 comments:

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

You must be working. Working really gets in the way of blogging. And Belize. Sucks.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

An you volunteered to do this? Actually, I would have too! Otherwise what would we have to blog about?