Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yeah...that's it...

So G-Man is not the best of students...

He gets bored very easily...

He needs a challenge...

He has missed enough classes this year that he needs a doctor's note to have any more missed days be excused...

Okay, he has not really missed THAT many, but they tightened up the rules a bit this year to put a damper on truancy in the district.

Being 18 and all, he does not see how that applies to him.

But Mom does not want to deal with it so she has put forth an edict: YOU WILL NOT MISS ANY MORE SCHOOL UNLESS YOU HAVE A DOCTOR'S EXCUSE!!!!!

This week being OGT testing week, and G-Man not needing to be there in the morning for that, has decided that he does not need to be at school at all. 

I take that back - Monday, he followed the schedule like a good student.

Tuesday he called off his afternoon classes (at another location) by claiming that the OGT schedule has him at his home school in the afternoon.  True - I give him that.

Wednesday, I get a call from the school that he is not in class:
Attendance Lady: Phillipia, G-Man is not in class. He called earlier and said he had OGT's today, but his home school says he should be here.
Phillipia:  He does not have OGT's.  I will check on him....(I will KILL him)...
Then I saw the light - it is Green Day....

Yeah, G-Man decided to celebrate with his buds  - Irish style...

And he did not bother to ask me because, well, see edict above....

A few not so polite phone calls later, he knew he was in deep shit...

GROUNDED FOR LIFE....

Thursday, he had a doctor's appointment for a nagging football injury (aka pulled groin)...

I went with him to the apppointment because he asked me to...

As he comes out of the doctor's office, he has a huge smirk on his face...
G-Man: So Mom, you said I could not miss school without a doctor's note, right?
Mom: Yeah.....
G-Man: Well, here it is...and look at the dates...
Mom (reading): How the F$%# did you pull that off?

Yeah, G-Man of the persuasive personality, has a note that says he has been under doctor's care YESTERDAY, WEDNESDAY MARCH 17th & TODAY....

What the F????
G-Man: So I am not grounded any more, right.
Mom: NOOOO! I mean YES, you are grounded.  You did not have the note yesterday.
G-Man: How was I supposed to get a note before I went to the doctor???
Mom: You know what I mean...
G-Man: You're just jeaous, Mom...
Mom: Of what???
G-Man: 'Cuz you could not get away with this shit when you were in school...
Yeah, that's it....

2 comments:

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Clever boy. He should do very well for himself in banking. Or politics. Until he gets caught, of course. ;)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

That kid is way too smart for his own good!