Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thanks...I think...

So....

My manager at Peyton PHlaCe made sure I got a reward for all my hard work on a recent project...

I appreciate that...

What I do not appreciate is how Peyton PHlace now handles rewards...

You get rewarded in points...

You can use the points to purchase items from a catalog...

Overpriced items from a catalog...

Except for the Gift Cards...

A $100 American Express card is $100, right?

Except that you cannot turn it in for cash and you can only use it certain places...

But here's the kicker....

Once you choose and order your reward online, the dollar amount of the reward goes onto your next paycheck...

So...

My paycheck went down by 28% of the reward that I have not yet received (thank you USPS) and that I will only be able to use at certain places once I do receive it....

None of them grocery stores or utility companies (yeah, I was on the all-electric plan)....

The reward system is nice for those who do not count on every cent in their pay check to make ends meet...

But as for me, I say: Just show me the money!!!!

If you give me a $100 extra in my check, I know I may only see 72% of it but I am still $72 dollars ahead.

Now I have a gift card that I cannot spend on necessities and I am a few dollars short in my paycheck....

Oh well...

When life gives you a gift card...find a margarita bar:)

2 comments:

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

My father-in-law used to get awards all the time, and he used to say, "I'll know you're really grateful when you give me a check to go with that plaque." I couldn't agree more.

Still, a gift card is better than no gift card.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

I'm with you... give me the cold, hard cash. The folks who don't have to live paycheck to paycheck just don't understand that the things you can buy with American Express aren't the actual necessities of life.