Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Strategy...

So....

I had to attend - by phone - a mandatory strategy meeting today...

It was fun...

Especially since it was given by someone outside of the product team I am in...

And who presented as if she were talking only to her team...


Let me share some highlights from the meeting....

Most of us agrees that our job is more important than selling rubber tires...

I am not so sure I agree...If the tires on my car blow out everytime the spring breaks on my Ford POS I think someone who can sell me decent tires without needing the manual translated has a pretty important job....

But maybe that is just me...

Some thought provoking questions were posed....

Why do you do what you do every day?
To make money to pay the bills...duh


Okay, maybe that one was not so though provoking...


What is it about you work that makes you passionate?

I get passionate about people trying to find something wrong with everything everyone else does....bitchingly passionate...
What is it about you work that inspires you???

When I see the back-stabbing butt kissers getting promotions and pay increases, I am inspired to....contact my HH guy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Phillipia, I'm so glad you're still blogging. :D

Phillipia said...

Awww, thanks Scott. I have not been a very good blogger friend lately. I will try to do better...