Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shut the Effin Lights....

G-Man is home for the summer...


Which means every time I come home from anywhere....


And every time I wake up in the morning...


Or in the middle of the night because I am old and do not sleep through the night much anymore....


Every frickin' light in the house is on....


I decided it was time for a Mom-Son heart to heart....


And since the only time we seem to see each other is late at night when I am ready for bed and he is heading out to  spend time with friends....


I caught him the other night....


And took him to dinner...


Which was more like an early morning breakfast...


Because 12:01 is morning....


And you know what kind of food places are open at that hour....


Yeah, bad idea....


I did not sleep so good after...


Not that I sleep good anyway...


But back to the light business....


I learned something during that breakfast...


About why G-Man has a need to flip on every light as he goes through the house...


 And not turn them off as he leaves a room...


My G-Man is deathly afraid of spiders....


Which I sort of knew....


The last time I heard him crash against the shower doors and thought he had someone in there with him that he was .....


Anyway...


He came out of the shower and mentioned that I might want to be careful of the huge spider that was in there that he could not kill...


Probably because he was too busy trying to get away from it...


This little itsy bitsy spider...


Really....


Itsy bitsy....


But back to the lights....


As G-Man informed me at breakfast...


I, as a Mom, should know that spiders are nocturnal...


They like to crawl and jump around and do other weird things in the dark...


But...


If the lights are on, they will stay hidden...


And all the lights need to be on...


In every room....


Otherwise they will all go to the dark rooms....


And when you need to go into a dark room to get something you left there....


When you turn on that light...


They will all feel the need to scatter...


And at least some of them will most likely scatter toward you....


So the lights are staying on for now...


Otherwise G-Man will go to Dad's to live for the summer....


Yeah, right...


Dad's house has ghosts...


Little boy ghosts...


And old woman ghosts....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many spiders do you have there anyway? Sounds like a bunch.

Phillipia said...

Nope...just the normal springtime/basement crowd. I am not afraid...