Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where has the day gone...

Oh yeah - I've been baking...

I love Christmastime...have I mentioned that before?

Yesterday and today, I did bake. Mint brownies, brownies, 7-layer cookies, rumballs, peanut butter fudge cookies...I also made some chocolate covered pretzels, peanut clusters, and coconut haystacks.

Tomorrow I will make apple crisp, onion soup (will become French on Thursday), hanky panky and turkey stuffing...

And I will shop for Christmas breakfast food because Micky D's and BK are not open on Christmas (I seem to forget that every year)...which is not a problem for me because I like brownies for breakfast, but my kids, God love 'em, like to eat healthy.

Christmas Day Menu will be French Onion Soup, salad, turkey and stuffing, cranbnerry sauce (if I remember to get it tomorrow), Honey Baked ham slices, french bread with dipping oil, green bean casserole (we are in Ohio and I love it), candied yams, and garlic cheddar mashed potatos (yes, Betty Crocker recipe). Did I forget anything?

I hope to have most of my cooking done by noon so I can hit up Bally's hot tub - cuz I have a feeling I am going to need it. Then I will hit the grocery store for breakfast food and cranberries. Then I will tidy the house a little, and if I am all done by 6:00 pm get ready to go to Church with a neighbor family. Not a Catholic Church this year; I have been invited to Christmas services at a Lutheran Church downtown. I am not into organized religion, but I do like to go to Church at times, especially holiday services and if I am attending with friends. For a few years I attended my home parish with a neighbor family, but the past few Christmas Eve's I have not been done with my chores in time for the 5:30 Mass. Let's see if 7:00 is a better time....

Yeah...I know, I am a C and E churchgoer, if that, but I am who I am...

Ok, the lights are flashing, it is windy out, and G-man is on his way to his dad's...I am waiting for the call that he got there ok...

And since tomorrow may be busier than today, I want to wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or Happy Whatever Holiday (HWH) you are celibrating this joyous season!

Be safe, be happy, be merry (or mary)!!!

No comments: