Sunday, December 21, 2008

Best laid plans...

So I started out the weekend with a plan...
Friday I left work a little early and stopped off at the library to browse for some holiday reading material...Then I ran a few errands before going home and after that, the night is a blur of the James Patterson latest release I picked up....

Maybe I should not have stopped at the library...

I had every intention of getting up early Saturday (that was yesterday) morning and heading out to Chardon Walmart to get groceries for baking and Christmas dinner...

And I did, if you consider 11:00 AM early...it was James Patterson's fault - The Appeal kept me awake longer than it should have...

I did make it to Walmart, after I ran to the mall to get G-man a certificate for his work party - cuz he is just too busy to do his own shopping...I hope he finds a good wife, because she will need to be a saint...
"Honey, while I am at the gym, showing off my 6-pack and then going out with all my friends, can you do my laundry and clean the house and have dinner ready when I get back, so then we can spend some quality time together..."

After Walmart, I stopped at the beverage store to get rum for the rumballs...now I have everything I need to bake with, assuming I do not drink too much tea or coke before I get to the rumballs:)

Sunday, today, I had every intention of getting up early and starting the baking/candymaking. And I did - get up early that is...but instead of baking, I started going through some paperwork and cleaning the living room and kitchen area...and doing some laundry...because it all needed done...

And now I am ready to start baking...but I am feeling kind of tired. And I need to do some stuff for work that I promised a co-worker I would have to her by Monday morning.

So here are the new plans...color my hair (I know - that was not even on the list, but it needs done, too), take a nice bubble bath, have some dinner (not make, just have - hmmm, order in sounds like it could work), do what I need to do for work, and get to bed reasonably early...not necessarily in that order, even tho it would probably be best...

Tomorrow, I will start nice and early with rumballs and brownies (especially for me), mint brownies and chocolate covered pretzel clusters (especially for ldboy), 7-layer cookies and coconut haystacks(especially for CareBear), and peanut butter fudge bars and honey roasted peanut clusters (especially for G-man). Of course, I like it all:)

Ok, J. P., time for some quality time....



No comments: