Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Weekend Continued..

I headed out Friday morning with a couple of friends to spend some time in Columbus....

The last time I was in Columbus was 3 years ago with the Middle School State Track Meet. That was a fun time. It was literally the first time G-Man ran the 4x400 competitively. They needed a fourth runner, so he stepped up and together they broke the Willoughby Middle School record. It was a good end to an exhausting meet....

This time I was in Columbus for a different kind of fun...oh yeah...

We took a bus downtown Friday evening, shared some awesome chili cheese fries and a reuben at Bailey's and from there visited a number of interesting places...

The Char Bar, mostly because of the great ambiance and the great staff...

"So where are you from? ....Willoughby?...You have a son at South? Does he know...? "

Time to make a call, cuz the bartender happens to be the brother-in-law of one of my best friends. We live in the same development - pretty much across the street from each other....Our kids have grown up together. What a small world. So this is where they go in Columbus....

When I mention the incident to G-man, he says, yeah I know...she called me and says guess where your Mom is...

But what brought us to Char Bar in the first place was the martini bar next door. As you may have guessed, I (and hence my friends) are not exactly martini bar types; but martini bars have valet service. And the valets at this particular place are unique. These guys actually jump over a 20-ft wall to get to the parking lot where they have earlier parked their clients' cars. We took video, because it was an awesome site to behold...as soon as the video is posted I will share the link...

Next stop (that I remember) was Havana. I have never been in such a place. Yes, I am old, but I just never have. What an experience. I almost lost my date. It was a tug of war... Phillipia won...she still has her ruler from her Sister Mary years:)

We spent most of Saturday being lazy (aka recuperating from Friday).

No comments: