Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You can hear me now....



Technically challenged as I am...

I think I FINALLY got Google Voice set up so that when I make a phone call the person on the other end will actually hear me and not hang up on me....

Now I can work from home and call into meetings without costing me precious cell phone minutes....

If I had service at my house, that is....

Damn Verizon/Sprint network and their deadzones...

Other than my condo and surrounding area being a dead zone, I love my Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go plan....

It is so worth it...

$25 per month for 300 minutes and unlimited web access....

That's all I need....

Since I cannot get service at home...

AND I have Google Voice...

AND I now have my mics working...




Oh yeah, I digressed....

It seems the mic jack on my home computer is another deadzone....

I finally realized that it was not just me...when I found a USB adapter for my headset...

The mic now works fine...as long as I USB it in rather than mic jack it in (in layman's terms)...

And as for my work computer....

Apparently I needed to tell the mic jack that it was a mic jack...

Go figure....



No comments: