Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Morning Lookback...

I drove into work this morning only to find the power out. So, rather than spend time in the dark with co-workers (not that that might not be fun with a few of them) I opted to head back home and 'work' from here...

Monday mornings in the office always beg the question...so what did you do this weekend? And since I am not in the office, I will pretend you asked...

Friday nights late August til late October are taken up with HS football, which I almost always enjoy. This week was no exception. The crowd (at least where I was sitting) was an over-friendly group. Hugs and high fives all around after every touchdown - you'd think we were on the field making all those great plays - but we had the kids, right? If it weren't for us....

Saturday was a great day for sleeping...I think the OSU players felt the same way...

Sunday morning I actually got up and made it to Ballys when they opened at 8:00 am. I have learned that the crowds are different on different days. Early morning weekdays are for the before work regulars and the senior citizens who are always up before the sun. Evenings are for the beautiful people - tasty eye candy for the rest of us:) Sundays are for the friendlier crowd - with sincere 'good morning' and 'how are you today?' greetings all around.

Despite the approaching storms, Sunday afternoon was a beautiful day to sit on the deck and get a little work done. Make some wings for the game, nap a little so I can stay up to watch the game, and then wonder why I thought this might be the time the Browns actually defend our house. Glad wings keep well, 'cuz I lost my appetite before the second half....

I did not make it to Bally's this am. It was not too hard to convince myself that I could go tonight instead. Maybe if I hang around the beautiful people enough I will become one...

Now back to the 'work' I am going to do from home today...



No comments: