Monday, November 24, 2008

Mom's Turkey Recipe

Thanksgiving is at my house this year....and I guess my mom did not like the turkey I made the last Thanksgiving at my house because she sent me this email this morning...

Here is a recipe perfect for people like you-who obviously cannot tell
when the turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.
(I do not know why you continue to trust those pop up thermometers.)
Baked Stuffed Turkey
10-12 lb Turkey
1 cup melted butter
2 cups stuffing
2 cups uncooked popcorn
Salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Thoroughly clean your kitchen floor and sink area.
Brush turkey well with melted butter salt, and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan withthe
neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds.
When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it's done!!!


Thanks Mom.

No comments: