Tuesday, December 30, 2008

At my age...

I should not pull all nighters...
I do that once in a while, forgetting that I am not as young as I once was.
Last night I stayed awake most of the night reading - just could not put that book down. So this evening about 7:00 I was chatting with a friend online and fell asleep...sound asleep...the phone woke me at about 8:45...

Hey, Mar, its Kathy...
Hi (in the perkiest half-asleep voice I can muster)
How are ya?
Good..how are you? (Kathy who?)
What are you up to?
uh...not much (who the hell is this?)
I reserved a table at the reverse raffle...
Ohhh, Kathy, how are ya?
Were you sleeping?
Well....
It's 8:45...
No, its not it's still dark out...
At night, Mar...
oh, wow...I fell asleep...
No kidding...

Boy, was I sleeping good...but now I am awake...should I go back to bed (cuz a 90 minute cat nap just does not cut it at my age) or try to get some stuff done I should have been doing all day? Life is full of tough decisions...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Decision, decisions... I say... let yourself off the hook whenever you can... and since it's the holidays, the chores can wait 'til tomorrow... Er -- tomorrow's a holiday... and so is Thursday!! lol.. Go for it. Life's too damn short to worry about the small stuff. Take care of you!!