Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve Reflections...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love Christmastime...and all that comes with it...even when I stress myself way past the point that I am fun to be around. (I am working on that, really...)
This year I was given a sharp reminder that maybe I was trying to do too much....
It was Christmas Eve day and all through the house...
It was Just Me, myself, no mouse.
The candles by the palm tree were lit
As snowflakes from each frond glistened.
Flour was everywhere...dishes were in the sink...
Apple crisp was in the oven...Time to make the soup...
(I never said this was going to rhyme...)
Now to peel onions without crying...
Rinse them in cold water and sharpen the knife...
Then came the reminder...the knife did not stop at the onion but kept right on going until blood was pouring out my thumb and tears out my eyes...
You'd think I chopped my hand off for all the red there was...
Well that put a damper on how much I got done before the kids arrived...

(By the way, those really are red sprinkles on the brownies.)

And what did I learn from all this?
If you are going to slice your finger, slice one you do not need so much.
Ya need your thumb...for everything - except blogging:)
I cannot keep any size bandaid or gauze on it and I keep bumping it and snagging it on everything. Triple antiobiotic has yet to heal this cut but seems to work wonders
when it shouldn't (like on pierced ears, but that is another story).

Yeah a few stitches might have helped, but it was Christmas eve, for cying out loud...and I did:)




No comments: