Sunday, December 28, 2008

Time to slow down...

Ah, I love the Christmas season...

But I have a tendency to overextend myself, not just during the holidays, but more so during the holidays...

I have been thinkling about New Year's resolutions - here is my preliminary list..

Watch my health closer by:
Visiting Bally's at least 3 x per week
Riding my bike at least 3 times per week
Putting a plan in place for healthier eating habits...
Making a good effort to follow the healthier eating plan.

Continue fishing for that ltr by...
Rewriting my online profile with more info about me and what I want (after I figure out what it is I want)...
Making an honest effort to meet new people and enjoy the friendships...
Learning to realize who the scammers and players are earlier in the friendship and adjust accordingly...

Renew and maintain friendships by...
In January, make contact and catch up with friends I have gotten out of touch with over the last few months (especially the fun ones)...
Making an honest effort to visit with good friends at least 3 x per year...
Keeping in touch with good friends via phone or email at least once every two months.

Quit overextending myself by...
Learning to say "No" when I really do not want to do something....
Learning to say "No" when I know I would have to lose sleep in order to get it done...
Not committing to do things within an unreasonable time frame...

Well that last one pretty much wipes out half of the others:)

Merry Days After Christmas!!!

No comments: