Saturday, May 30, 2009

But he loves me....

I had breakfast with my Mom today and she was telling me about a friend of hers who has met a wonderful man who lives in Nigeria.

My Mom's friend is in her 80's and confined to a wheel chair, so she is pretty excited to have found a 50 something good looking Nigerian who wants to marry her and take care of her...

He has the rings...he cannot wait to give them to her, but first he needs some money to take care of a sick relative so said relative will be ok when he leaves for the US. $50K should cover it...

No problem. My Mom's friend had at least that much equity in her house so she has taken out a home equity loan and sent her savior the much needed $50K. He should be on his way soon...

Ah, but his sick relative suddenly had a turn for the worse. He cannot leave said relative in such dire straits. Another $50K will cover everything.
Will your bank let you borrow the money. I will repay you as soon as I get to the states. I love you so much. I cannot believe I have found such a wonderful woman to live the rest of my life with.
It took some doing, but the bank reluctantly allowed Mom's friend to borrow the money. Mom and the FBI tried to talk her friend out of this. They tried to tell her it was a scam.
You are all just jealous. John Kevin loves me and is going to take care of me. It is my money and I can do what I want with it. If you cannot be happy for me, I do not want anything more to do with you...unless you have $25K that I can borrow to help my lover come to the US...

John Kevin????? Could it be the same John Kevin who tried to get $1200 out of moi last year to get through Nigerian customs because he was dying to meet me??? Come on John...at least change your name as you move from scam to scam. So far you have been (1) a hot blonde god, (2) a tall, dark and handsome hunk, and now (3) a dredlock wearing not so hot Nigerian. And each time you have lost your wife in a terrible car accident...oh the tragedy of it all. But you and your son will survive - with a little help from the next love of your life...

$125K so far...omg...what a fool believes...

5 comments:

Winky Twinky said...

Uh-oh.. she didn't really send all that money did she?? One of those tried hard with me too... He was supposedly Alex Mike Williams. Not Alexander...not Michael for the record! Anyway, WOW... I wish people were more aware of the predators out there.

Phillipia said...

Yes, she did. And I am not sure she is yet convinced that she is being scammed....

Chris said...

Coincidence that the guy's initials are J/K?

I am so sorry for your Mom's friend. It seems, obviously, incredibly gullible to us, but when you're 80 and lonely perhaps your mind does different things.

I hope she cah recoup her losses.

Shawn said...

It seems legit to me. John Kevin is a remarkably common name, so don't be so hasty to judge.

*checks email*

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Don’t tell me my recent wire transfers to Jane Kevin might not be legit! Pfft!