Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Death...

My laptop power cord cable has been acting up lately.

I first noticed last week that the computer was not always charging even when plugged in.

I fiddled with the cord a little and the computer started recharging.

For a while....

Fiddled again....

And again....

Pretty soon I was holding the cord at just the right angle in order to charge or even use the computer.

I got in the habit of propping the computer with a pillow so the cord was at just the right angle to allow charging overnight or whenever I was not using it.

And then - late last night - I unplugged the cord to relax in battery mode on the coach....

Or I tried to unplug it....

The lil end adapter decided to stay plugged in and I was left holding and end-less cord.

Not endless as in never-ending...

Endless, as in without the end.

So if my blogging is a little sporadic over the next few days while I am waiting for a replacement cord....

It could be because I am too tired after long work days to wait the 45 minutes for my company laptop to reboot so I can log into to my blog and facebook accounts which are not deemed company appropriate so I need to answer the "Yes I understand and wish to continue" dialog over and over....

You understand....

5 comments:

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

I understand completely! Just say you're "on vacation" until the cord comes! Then you can make up all sorts of crap about the exotic locations you've "traveled" to.

Harlem's A Hatin said...

I hate computer problems! Mine has been acting up for months!!!

gayle said...

wow microwave and now your cord...what's going on;)

Phillipia said...

Good idea, CatLady:)

Gayle, I just hope it does not come in threes; I cannot afford to replace anything else right now.

Harlem, do computers seem to know when our dependence on them get to a certain level???

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Your boss doesn't like you surfing the Net and blogging, either? What is it with bosses these days? They're like power cords without those thingys on the ends. Bastards.