Sunday, November 29, 2009

RIP Mikey

Our microwave (aka Mikey) died Wednesday....

The funeral will be next Wednesday - trash day in our end of Willoughby ...

I would have preferred a quick funeral but Mikey passed away after the 10:00 AM pick-up.

But if you know Phillipia, there is a lesson to be learned and an opportunity for adventure in everything...

With Mikey, it is easy enough to put stuffing and potatos and turkey in their neat places on a plate and warm them up....

But, with only the stove to work with, I prefer the one sauce-pan approach.

So I used the demise of Mikey as an opportunity to introduce G-Man to one of my favorite leftover concoctions.


Leftover Stew:
Leftover Turkey Meat (White and Dark) - All
Leftover Mashed Potatoes - All
Leftover Green Bean Casserole - All
Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole - All
Leftover Stuffing - All
Leftover Gravy - All
Leftover Cranberry Sauce - All
More Gravy - However much you like
Combine all leftovers in a sauce pan.
Add More Gravy to Taste.
Heat, stirring as aften as you remember, until hot throughout.
Serve immediately.
Store leftovers in the fridge.
Warm up leftover Leftover Stew throughout the weekend whenever you are missing the great taste of Thanksgiving dinner....
G-man was impressed - or at least he acted like he was at the time - hunger does strange things to him.

7 comments:

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

It must be the H1N1 virus is spreading because my microwave died last week. I can't bear to think of actually cooking on top of a stove. Horrors!

Me-Me King said...

Poor Mikey - I guess he's on "HOLD".

injaynesworld said...

Yummy stew. You can also make turkey pot pie that way. You just get the refrigerated pre-made double crust. Dump all the leftovers into one crust, slap on the top crust and bake at 400 degrees till crush browns. Oh great... Now I'm hungry again. Sorry about Mikey.

Phillipia said...

Sorry about your microwave, CatLady. The stoves of the world must be feeling unused and unloved.

Good one, Me-Me:)

Jayne, the pot pie sounds yummy even tho I am not much of a pot pie lover; but you gave me another idea - placing pillsbury crescent roll dough on the bottom of the pie pan. I am always hungry - which is why I am round:)

gayle said...

Get a new Mikey....quick!!

Phillipia said...

I'm on it, gayle:)

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Paging Martha Stewart, paging Martha Stewart.....

Sorry I've been a little absent for the last week or so, BTW. I got sick, and then there was work, and then there was some family stuff with the son and his hockey team, and then there was Thanksgiving, and then more work, and more family stuff, and I'm still sick and....well, I'm sure you understand what with having a dead laptop and a dead microwave and whatever's coming next in this triptych of broken stuff that you've embarked on.