Friday, November 27, 2009

The Closer...

Thanksgiving was awesome...

Well, not perfectly awesome because CareBear and KB were in Michigan visiting KB's family and since they have not figured out how to be on two places at once....

LDBoy and his housemates hosted. And what gracious hosts they were...

I made a couple of deserts and applesauce and sweet potato casserole Wednesday.

The plan was to get up early Thursday and get the Turkeys all ready and head to Akron in time to turn roasters on and make green bean casserole and gravy and pudding pie.

But instead I overslept....

Note to self - no matter how bad that earache hurts, avoid taking nightime cold meds at midnight when you want to get up at 6:00 am to prepare for a holiday dinner.


So I just gathered everything I needed and headed to the big house...(aka big stone
mansion LDBoy and housemates are renting in West Akron).

That ended up being the best decision of the week.

When I walked in LDBoy asked which kitchen I wanted to use. I opted for the basement...Great decision...I am on a roll....

So I set up near the industrial sized oven with the industrial sized fridge and freezer behind me and the awesome industrial sized counterspace.

And for the next three hours I sipped on wine and listened to holiday music piped in from somewhere...

And prepared turkeys and casseroles and desserts....and used the oven they had never even turned on before....

And NinjaAnnie was working in the upstairs kitchen making apple pie and pumpkin roll and cauliflower casserole and a mac n cheese casserole...

While LDBoy and RJ and Spike catered to our every need and kept or wine glasses topped off and set a beautiful table....


Me: Who folded the napkins?
Spike: Me.
Me: When and where did you learn to do that?
Spike: Five minutes ago - I googled it.


And after I was done cooking, I had my choice of powder rooms to freshen up in...

Hmmm, the jacuzzi room or the party shower room...it was a tough choice, especially sine I was short on time and could not enjoy the facilities as they were meant to be enjoyed...


When the guests arrived, the hosts made me proud. I love those guys.

Fiends and family together for a beautiful Thanksgiving Dinner...

Thank you, LDBoy, RJ, and Spike.

We'll be back for Christmas:)

I may just stay after Christmas...

Take my time checking out all the amenities...

Move on in...

I'll be discreet, you'll never know I'm there....

Especially since Boa and I get along ok...

LDboy: Ok, guys...the relatives have been here 3 hours now.
Spike: Yeah, how do we get them to leave?
LDBoy: RJ, what are you doing?
RJ: Hey, has anyone seen Boa?
Grandma: Who's Boa?
RJ: The 7-ft snake that was in that tank by the wall...
Grandpa: He got out????
Spike: Calm down everyone...he's here on the couch.
Grandma: It's way past my bedtime...
Grandpa: We need to go...
RJ: He looks hungry...
Dad: I'll get the car.

Boa, the closer.

5 comments:

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Oh, I also wanted to say... the mansion looks like an ideal place for a BlogCamp!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

So, dish... how did LDBoy and friends manage to score the mansion? Looks like a lovely time was had by all... including the boa!

injaynesworld said...

What fun! Next year can I come? I totally love snakes, but I'll leave my four pound Chihuahua, Dixie, at home.

Phillipia said...

Why leave Dixie at home, Jayne? lol

CatLady, RJ seems to find the awesomest (new word) places. When they split the rent three ways it is like each paying for their own place...

One of the pre-furnished living rooms looks like it could be right out of the Clue board game.

It would be great for a blogger camp...

I'll have to see what I can pull off.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I need to get a boa right away. Two, in fact.