Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am Thankful for so many things...

Today and Everyday...

If you know me at all you know that my kids are my most precious blessing...

I am also thankful for my extended family....

And for my many friends....

My friends are the family that I have found along the way:)

But rather than get all mushy - I'll leave that to the potatoes and applesauce -

I just want to say....


May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!




6 comments:

Scott Free said...

LOL! Wonderful. The poem and the picture. So good. :D
Happy Thanksgiving!

Phillipia said...

Hi Scott - welcome back!!!
How's the book?

Hope you had a wonderful hiatus from blogging and and even more wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I have missed you - as I am sure all of you followers have.

Scott Free said...

The book is 2k away from being done, and I have four days left, so I felt reasonably ready to return (I've been lurking for weeks anyway...).

Yes, I had a great time, but I'm really looking forward to posting once more. :D I've missed you too, Philly! Enjoy those Thanksgiving leftovers that I'm sure are overflowing from your refrigerator...

CatLadyLarew said...

Great poem! Wish somebody would love me for my breast! Bwahaha! Hope you had a good turkey day!

CatLadyLarew said...

Sylvia was dismayed that no one applauded HER new fur coat.

Phillipia said...

Thanks CatLady - I did have a good Thanksgiving. I hope yours was great, too. But who is Sylvia? :)