Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I don't get it....

In all honesty, I was out of the dating arena for about as long as I was out of the marriage arena...Divorce and single motherhood had a big part in all that....

I cannot think things have changed that much, tho....

Ldboy has a friend...a funny, older friend/business partner... who spends a lot of time at the Lake House. He arrived Saturday evening (after several invitation phone calls from ldboy to join the "party") and is still here Tuesday morning...

He is like part of the family...

The part I do not get is that he lives with his fiancee and 5 year old daughter who he seems to dearly love. Yet he is still here...Last night he was headed home for some family time..or so he said...He never left...

Which is fine by me because he is a fun part of the group....

However, if I was his fiancee...well I just do not think I ever could be...

Now, B's fiancee and little girl have an open invitation to the Lake House and have visited a few times...and ldboy
told me that B usually only visits once a week or so...for three or four days...

Granted B is a business partner and the three of them are always working...In the middle of a movie, they start discussing an idea...one tequila, two tequila, I have an idea...What a nice day to be on the lake, I think that might work...

I admit, I do tend to get too attached, but if I ever decided to share my life with someone again, I think it would have to be with someone who wanted to (and did) come home to me most nights ...



No comments: