Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

My youngest is my most athletic child...I really have no clue where he gets his athleticism...definitely not from me or his Dad, a little from his brother maybe, maybe his uncle....

Anyway, near the end of last year's football season, he experienced a season ending injury. Needless to say, it has not been a fun year in our house. Not only was football season over for him, but indoor soccer was out as well as spring track and summer football camps...

The last couple of weeks has been especially trying. After nearly passing his 3rd cybex test, he decided that he is ready, no matter what doctor believes, and so he agreed to waivers for his release back to sports. And this morning, after the paperwork finally made it to the coach (an ordeal in itself) his first order of business was hugs for the coach...

And I just got a call from a neighbor mom that he is on the field running his heart out, reading the plays, making the plays, catching the ball when he should and running and smiling....

Life should be good at our house for a while....he is happy and will be tired:)

And although it has been much more relaxing for me these past 10 months to watch his teammates playing and not worrying about my baby getting hurt, I have to admit that I do enjoy watching him on the field...because he loves it and is so happy. He works hard on and off the field and it shows at gametime.

And to my son, I promise that if you are tackled to the ground but get to your feet within 60 seconds and give me the ok sign, I will not run out onto the field and embarrass you; but if you are down for more than 60 seconds, all bets are off...

Run, GMan, run!
Go Rebs!

No comments: