Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday's Good Intentions....

This is the second year in a row that I have signed up to walk in the Cleveland Heart Walk...and this is the second year that I did NOT walk...

Last year at this time, I was nursing what I thought was a summer cold that had settled in my back...but I still intended to walk, until it started pouring so bad right before the star of the walk that I opted to sit it out in a dry area....

This year, I was again ready to walk....My daughter and her boyfriend were meeting me there. I was there waiting at the garage entrance to hand them their free parking pass...then I got the call...

"uh...Mom...we're on the side of the road, broke down, we ain't gonna make it...and could you come get us?"

The tow truck and I pulled up behind them together...what timing...we sent the incapacitated car on its way and we opted for the zoo....

What fun...especially for the lions, they were going at it - or at least he was, she was just kind of laying there looking bored....

All of the animals were pretty active since it was still early morning and rather cool and overcast. The little kids were almost as fun to watch as the animals.

"What are they doing, Daddy?"

"Look at the monkey - he's got something in his butt..."

But my favorite...there was a lady displaying tiger and leopard pelts. The cutest lil girl asked what they were. The lady replied that they were skins from animals that had died. The lil girl felt the pelts and said..."I hope my skin is that soft and pretty when I'm dead."

Now you would think that my daughter who is 21 has outgrown the stage where she wants to bring the animals home from the zoo....no way. She came home with all kinds of new ideas for pets...Luckily, she is not currently living with me...have fun Dad....by the way, aren't you taking her to the county fair this week....I heard her say something about a bunny and a goat...oh, that's why you're leaving town....you won't know the place when you get back...hope you're ok with a few more housemates than you had when you left...



No comments: